Friday 25 October 2013

I knew it was my last day there



I knew it was my last day there.
I had enough of this office.
Damn with the paper work, damn with the boss, damn with the colleagues, damn with the place;
There’s was no sense of right and wrong here.
It was better to leave than stay here.
Cuss words jammed my throat; humiliation still raw;
But my self-worth, my self-worth went rolling downhill.
I felt helpless; cried my heart out.
After two days of rigorous job search, I landed up with yet another decent job.
Rightfully, when one door closes, another opens.

My lost faith restored; my self-worth resurrected.



9 comments:

  1. Aha! So glad for her! :)
    Good one for the prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always think positive, nice end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Sulekkha and thanks for the encouraging comment.

      Delete
  3. When one door closes, another opens..I love the last line. I could see myself in this prompt coz I left two jobs back-to-back.
    Cheerz
    Vishal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! So i wrote something that struck an immediate chord with you.

      Delete
  4. u r so right! one door closes and the other opens..all we need to do is keep our faith in ourselves going! great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You found it great!!! Thanks. It means a lot coming from a seasoned fiction story writer like you.

      Delete
  5. Nice one..some offices have such a toxic environment that working there everyday seems like a real torture...

    ReplyDelete

If my words are worthy of your valuable views, do share it here. Thanks a ton for stopping by.

The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga

This Booker prize winner was on my bookshelf I don’t for how long. Attempted reading it before, but then dumped it because t...