Saturday 7 September 2013

7 Bloggers Who Were The Wind Beneath My Wings!

A super short post: yes, I had reserved it for the final day.

For various reasons, one being sounding sycophant, I was wary of writing this post. But after reading, “Don’t Think of the Blue Ball” by Malati Bhojwani (as part of readerscosmos review), I knew in my hearts of hearts that what I am doing was right. Yes, the book pumped me up so much!

The premise of the book is quite promising. It talks about gratitude, thankfulness and appreciation for people around you. In fact, the author suggests readers to maintain a Daily Gratitude Journal, wherein they should thank all the people who helped them during the day. (Sadly though, am yet to come up with such a journal.) 

So much for the greatness of the book. Honestly, I always wished to thank many bloggers promptly and profoundly for visiting my small space for these last seven days (well, almost), by replying to their priceless comments, but I admit, I've miserably failed to do so. Time constraints…hope you understand. So, here I am thanking all my senior bloggers who helped me sail through this festival with flying colors. I would have gone only so far without their comments (precisely, I would have come up with just 4 posts, no more). A special thanks to Corinne for organizing the festival and suggesting fellow bloggers to comment on at least three posts in front of their links… that set me sailing…ended up commenting regularly on 10 to 12 blogs. Peanuts! I know, considering that some senior bloggers spread their fragrance across all blogs commenting and inspiring...thus pushing the envelope in terms of commenting.

There are many like me who are the ‘Children of the Lesser God’ in terms of language limitations, but a kind word uttered by a fellow blogger makes the whole world go round. Believe me!


So here’s goes the list of bloggers who I want to give a big shout-out for being with me for all these days. Thanks for being the wind beneath beneath my wings.

#1. Richa
#2. Roshini
#3. Suresh
#4. Vishal
#6. Me

Tussi great ho, tofa kabul karo

Others bloggers that I can bring to mind include: Smitha, Shilpa, Sugandha, Usha Menon, Jyothi Nair Mahabore, Diana, Susan Deborah, Karan Shah, Talya Tate Boerner,Shail,Kathy, Anu and of course, Corinne. Thank You All.    

Since starting this challenge, I've more than quadrupled the number of people who look at this blog. Agreed, that's still not an good number, but I did love all the attention that my blog was getting.  

Write Tribe Team...I doff my hat to you. 

15 comments:

  1. That was a lovely way to round off the fest. Thanks for the mention but, after all, if you take pleasure from someone's writing it is only right to mention it, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Jini and I am honored to find my way. Let me ensure you that the feeling is mutual. You write so well and I learned a lot reading you.
    www.vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know that you are learning from me. Same here, I am learning from you the art of story telling.

      Delete
  3. Hey jini its a mutual admiration.Nice way to compile the challenge.Thank you for liking my blog and being my follower.Hope to be in touch with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jini that is such a sweet gesture. I feel blessed to have people around me whom I can connect so well in due course of time. And yes the credit honestly goes to Corinne, who has brought us all under the canopy of connections here. Here is to a great time spent together and many more to come :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's only because of Corinne, I got to know so many good writers. And yes, it was nice connecting with you as well. Went through some wonderful posts of yours and was overwhelmed by the way it was written.

      Delete
  5. It is mutual. I loved visiting and reading your posts. Loved the picture you shared today. That really sums it up. All of the wonderful Write Tribe bloggers went a long way to being the wind beneath my wings this week too. The friendships forged and quality posts read will continue long after the festival is a memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the way you write. I'll keep coming back to your blog for more. And yes. thanks to Write Tribe for helping me connect with you.

      Delete
  6. Glad that you had a wonderful time connecting with bloggers, in this fest, Jini. Thanks for the mention. Touched :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!!!It was nice knowing you as well. And more so because I loved your write-ups.

      Delete
  7. Wow! Thanks for much for the shout-out, Jini! :)
    Nice to have met you via the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here. If it was not for Write Tribe Festival, I would have never known you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed reading this post Jini. But thank you so much. Your space has been a pleasure to read.
    Sorry for the delayed response

    ReplyDelete

If my words are worthy of your valuable views, do share it here. Thanks a ton for stopping by.

The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga

This Booker prize winner was on my bookshelf I don’t for how long. Attempted reading it before, but then dumped it because t...