Sunday 19 October 2014

When My Two Hearts Go Walking Around

"Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ” 

couldn't agree more with Elizabeth Stone. I don’t know what the author of the ‘A Boy I Once Knew’ had in her mind when she came up with heart-tugging line. I've two boys. And both are down and out with cough and fever every now and then. I sometimes blame myself for their terrible state of affairs. I haven’t had enough breast milk to feed when my elder son was an infant. And the worst part of it was that I was too busy to feed him the little I had. And I don’t know whether his falling ill now and then could be directly related to this – weak immune system because of the absence of mother’s milk.

History repeated itself in case of my younger son as well. Ayaansh is 10 month old and I feel miserable sharing that I couldn't feed him as well. In fact, in his case I had no milk. Now considering that both my sons have weak immune systems (that’s what I assume) I feel wretched many a times, blaming myself for their plight.

Aryan has done both extensive Ayurveda and Allopathy courses to get rid of his chronic cough. And with God’s grace he’s recovering it seems. And i hope the upcoming winters doesn't throw up anything otherwise.

In case of both my sons, the first thing that I do when the demons of cough and cold strike are to try and diminish them with a series of age old, effective home-remedies, starting from Basil leaves to Ginger.

Some of the home-made remedies that I try often when my sons face difficult times:

Basil Leaves and Ginger Syrup – A few basil (tulsi) leaves and a piece of ginger is pounded well using a mortar and pestle. Squeeze the juice out using fingers. Mix a little honey in it. You can give this juice 4 to 5 times in a day.     

Pomegranate Juice – Boil the dried skin of pomegranate fruit. Keep it boiling till the water is reduced to half. This is effective when the kids are down with diarrhea.  

Ginger and Honey Syrup – Pound ginger and mix a spoon full of honey in it. This gives relief from cough and cold. You can even replace ginger with Tulsi leaves as well.

Dabur Honitus- Both syrup and cough drops are helpful.  

Pankajakasthuri – This ayurvedic powder is available at all ayurveda shops. Again this powder helps fight cough and cold.

I on a personal level try to avoid allopathy treatments as much as possible, for downing drugs is not good in the long run they say. For me Ayurveda is the go-to medicine to keep my hearts up and running all the time. 

Check out https://www.liveveda.com/daburchyawanprash/ for more info on Ayurveda products to lead a better life. 
I am participating in Indi-happy hours hosted by Indiblogger. 

"WOW, WOW, I WON A FLIPKART VOUCHER FOR THIS."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If my words are worthy of your valuable views, do share it here. Thanks a ton for stopping by.

The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga

This Booker prize winner was on my bookshelf I don’t for how long. Attempted reading it before, but then dumped it because t...